At Orthopedic Physical Therapy Inc., we strive to establish an open and professional relationship with our patients. Patient care is based on determining the source of the pain. The evaluating physical therapist uses their knowledge and skills to reach functional goals. In most cases, the evaluation and treatment sessions will be with the same therapist. This fosters a continuum of care and encourages consistency. If an issue arises that needs a specialized evaluation, the appropriate therapist will be consulted. All of the therapists at Orthopedic Physical Therapy specialize in manual therapy. This is an approach which includes advanced skills and emphasizes direct, hands-on treatment. Three of our therapist have received international certification in trigger point dry needling, which can often be a faster, more effective method of treating the true source of your pain. Our goal is to return the patient to the best functional and pain-free level possible.
Contact Us Online Anytime or Call (804)285-0148
Freedom of Choice
You are entitled to choose the most appropriate health care professional to meet your individual therapy goals.
100+ Years of Experience
The practice has been serving Richmond for 30 years and our therapists share over 100 years of professional experience.
Direct Access Certified
Direct Access allows patients to schedule a physical therapy evaluation without a referral from a physician.
Forms & Questionnaires
New patient forms and condition-specific intake questionnaires are available if patients wish to complete them in advance.
On Time Appointments
Our team values your time and we take a great deal of pride in making a positive first impression.
- "After spending several thousand dollars to diagnose stomach and lower left side pain. I was referred to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. by Dr. Louis Gelrud. The physical therapy and needle therapy have practically cured my pain. Thanks so much!!"Conley
- "I have had chronic body pain from Fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis and other medical issues for many years. I have tried regular medical and therapy treatments with no help at all. Then I was referred to Tracey Adler at Orthopedic Physical Therapy. After one treatment, it was amazing - the pain that left my body. With dry needling and physical therapy, after one month I feel like a different person and can function better. The pain has decreased dramatically. I've been given a new lease on life and can't thank Tracey enough."Maureen
- "The staff, from the front desk to the therapist, were efficient, friendly and easy to work with. Brooks was just wonderful - he is gentle, kind and provided excellent care. I would recommend this business to anyone and especially to physicians who are caring for patients needing physical therapy."Ruth Goldfarb
- "For several years I have suffered from osteoarthritis and have been in constant pain. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Adler. Amazingly, after several treatments of dry needling by Dr. Adler, I am now able to lift my leg up to my head which I haven't been able to do for the last 10 years. I highly recommend Dr. Adler and her group's services."Elaine
- "I am so glad I came to this practice. The dry needling and physical therapy were very helpful in relieving my shoulder and back pain. I will refer patients to your practice. I am overwhelmed by my progress. Thank you for your expertise! "Patricia Y.
- "After suffering from sciatica for over five years, I finally found the answer to my prayers! With the expertise of Dr. Tracey Adler, along with trigger point dry needling, I am now free of my debilitating pain. It is with appreciation that I have returned to my normal life and activities, including yoga classes, work, and walking everyday. Thank you OPT Inc!"Amy Gammon
- Richmond, VA
- "I am a firm believer in the healing power of dry needling! I've used it on my psoas to keep me running and now on my shoulder to avoid surgery. Both times, I've had amazing results! Thank you!!"Susan Miller
- Richmond, VA
- "For over a decade I had low back pain and thought it was something I had to live with. I have tried stretching, deep tissue massages, and different chairs. Tracey and the OPT staff saw the pain was caused by tight muscles in both thighs. After only a few needling session, the pain stopped and I've got greater flexibility and range of motion."Recent Patient
- "Best medical care I ever received. People are caring and compassionate in dealing with tough medical issues. Dry needling works very well on pelvic injuries and is the only relief I have had in four years. Six other doctors missed the diagnosis, but one visit to O.P.T. and this was discovered within minutes . Best decision I ever made. Best medical care I ever received and I have had nine major operations. If you are in pain, this is the place to receive the proper care with caring physical therapists and staff. You're not just another patient; you are a person who matters to them."Stephen
- "I would like to express my gratitude for the wonderful treatments administered by Brooks Steadman, DPT. I now feel much stronger than I did six weeks ago. The relationship was wonderful and I must admit, that I will miss seeing you. Thanks again for your help!"Curtis J.
Our Health magazine honors medical providers who were voted by the local community for their kindness, empathy and attentiveness – attributes that go a long way in gaining a patient’s confidence. Tracey Adler, DPT, OCS, CMTPT, was honored to be one of the three recipients in the Physical therapist category in 2013.Details
The Patient Registration Form is required for all new patients on their first visit to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. You may also find specific forms and questionnaires below that apply to your diagnosis or problem. Please print and fill out the appropriate forms prior to your initial office visit. Call Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. at (804) 285-0148 with any questions.Details