At Orthopedic Physical Therapy Inc., we strive to establish an open and professional relationship with our patients. Patient care is based on determining the source of the pain. The evaluating physical therapist uses their knowledge and skills to reach functional goals. In most cases, the evaluation and treatment sessions will be with the same therapist. This fosters a continuum of care and encourages consistency. If an issue arises that needs a specialized evaluation, the appropriate therapist will be consulted. All of the therapists at Orthopedic Physical Therapy specialize in manual therapy. This is an approach which includes advanced skills and emphasizes direct, hands-on treatment. Three of our therapist have received international certification in trigger point dry needling, which can often be a faster, more effective method of treating the true source of your pain. Our goal is to return the patient to the best functional and pain-free level possible.
Contact Us Online Anytime or Call (804)285-0148
Freedom of Choice
You are entitled to choose the most appropriate health care professional to meet your individual therapy goals.
100+ Years of Experience
The practice has been serving Richmond for 30 years and our therapists share over 100 years of professional experience.
Direct Access Certified
Direct Access allows patients to schedule a physical therapy evaluation without a referral from a physician.
Forms & Questionnaires
New patient forms and condition-specific intake questionnaires are available if patients wish to complete them in advance.
On Time Appointments
Our team values your time and we take a great deal of pride in making a positive first impression.
- "After spending several thousand dollars to diagnose stomach and lower left side pain. I was referred to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. by Dr. Louis Gelrud. The physical therapy and needle therapy have practically cured my pain. Thanks so much!!"Conley
- "I was recommended to Tracey after my second automobile accident. I was suffering from a cracked sternum, lower back and still in pain after 7 months. Kristen worked with me for several weeks, PT and exercises to do at home. Tracey followed the same week with trigger point dry needling. In just a few short visits, I was seeing great results with the combination from both Kristen and Tracey. Now, five years later, I was told that I may need shoulder surgery. Before I have that surgery, I am back with Tracey and Kristen. They are working their "magic" again and my right shoulder is improving with each visit. Trust is a big part of my recovery and I have that with both Kristen and Tracey. The entire staff is encouraging and supportive. A big High Five to all. I will not go to anyone else...after all, they are the best of the best!"Gail Tevnan
- Richmond, VA
- "I got more TMJ relief from four treatments at OPT, Inc. than the cumulative treatments elsewhere of all previous years. The single most effective was the Trigger Point Dry Needling. The physical therapy was excellent too in increasing my knowledge and awareness of the problem."Frances Kenney
- "For over a decade I had low back pain and thought it was something I had to live with. I have tried stretching, deep tissue massages, and different chairs. Tracey and the OPT staff saw the pain was caused by tight muscles in both thighs. After only a few needling session, the pain stopped and I've got greater flexibility and range of motion."Recent Patient
- "If I had to choose one word to describe Tracey Adler and Orthopedic Physical Therapy, it would be ...Amazing! Between typing, commuting, business travel and day-to-day working mom demands, I had neck and shoulder pain with residual headaches. This went on for months with no relief. Simply put, the problem was muscle tension and trigger points. Traditional medical treatments were not really an option. I was fortunate enough to find Tracey and in less than one month she had me back to almost 100% with a combination of dry needling and physical therapy. She is the best!"Lisa
- "I am so glad I came to this practice. The dry needling and physical therapy were very helpful in relieving my shoulder and back pain. I will refer patients to your practice. I am overwhelmed by my progress. Thank you for your expertise! "Patricia Y.
- "For several years I have suffered from osteoarthritis and have been in constant pain. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Adler. Amazingly, after several treatments of dry needling by Dr. Adler, I am now able to lift my leg up to my head which I haven't been able to do for the last 10 years. I highly recommend Dr. Adler and her group's services."Elaine
- "Best medical care I ever received. People are caring and compassionate in dealing with tough medical issues. Dry needling works very well on pelvic injuries and is the only relief I have had in four years. Six other doctors missed the diagnosis, but one visit to O.P.T. and this was discovered within minutes . Best decision I ever made. Best medical care I ever received and I have had nine major operations. If you are in pain, this is the place to receive the proper care with caring physical therapists and staff. You're not just another patient; you are a person who matters to them."Stephen
- "With hopes of pursuing a career as a musician, my ambitions were threatened by the onset of a paralysis which inflicted my left arm and hand. As this tragic problem was accompanied by the diagnosis of focal dystonia and ehlers danlose syndrome, I was informed by doctors I would never fully regain the use of my arm, nor my ability to play my instrument. Despite this prognosis, Dr. Tracey Adler has effectively treated me with such treatments as trigger point therapy and myofascial release from my medical disorders. She has helped me not only recover the full use of my arm, but the continued pursuit of my dreams as a musician. Dr. Adler's collaboration with Kristen Wright with her unique approach to the myofascial release treatments has further helped restore my ability to function and play the instrument normally and has been a major contribution in my recovery. Through their immense skill and professionalism, Dr. Tracey Adler and her associates prove that all physical therapy is not equal and that it is possible to be able to pursue your ambitions and aspirations in life."Rehabilitated Patient
- "When I first became a patient of Tracey Adler's, I was suffering from debilitating chronic pain from migraines, fibromyalgia, arthritis in my neck, and severe lower back pain after a painful spine surgery. I had been all over the country looking for a treatment that could reduce my pain. I found trigger point dry needling to be by far the most effective treatment of my chronic pain. Within days, I had significantly increased mobility in my neck, my headaches improved when my neck relaxed, and the back spasms that I had so frequently finally dissipated. Two summers later, I was actually backpacking through Italy! I'm so grateful to Tracey and her team for their part in my recovery from chronic pain."Christie
Our Health magazine honors medical providers who were voted by the local community for their kindness, empathy and attentiveness – attributes that go a long way in gaining a patient’s confidence. Tracey Adler, DPT, OCS, CMTPT, was honored to be one of the three recipients in the Physical therapist category in 2013.Details
The Patient Registration Form is required for all new patients on their first visit to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. You may also find specific forms and questionnaires below that apply to your diagnosis or problem. Please print and fill out the appropriate forms prior to your initial office visit. Call Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. at (804) 285-0148 with any questions.Details