At Orthopedic Physical Therapy Inc., we strive to establish an open and professional relationship with our patients. Patient care is based on determining the source of the pain. The evaluating physical therapist uses their knowledge and skills to reach functional goals. In most cases, the evaluation and treatment sessions will be with the same therapist. This fosters a continuum of care and encourages consistency. If an issue arises that needs a specialized evaluation, the appropriate therapist will be consulted. All of the therapists at Orthopedic Physical Therapy specialize in manual therapy. This is an approach which includes advanced skills and emphasizes direct, hands-on treatment. Three of our therapist have received international certification in trigger point dry needling, which can often be a faster, more effective method of treating the true source of your pain. Our goal is to return the patient to the best functional and pain-free level possible.
Contact Us Online Anytime or Call (804)285-0148
Freedom of Choice
You are entitled to choose the most appropriate health care professional to meet your individual therapy goals.
100+ Years of Experience
The practice has been serving Richmond for 30 years and our therapists share over 100 years of professional experience.
Direct Access Certified
Direct Access allows patients to schedule a physical therapy evaluation without a referral from a physician.
Forms & Questionnaires
New patient forms and condition-specific intake questionnaires are available if patients wish to complete them in advance.
On Time Appointments
Our team values your time and we take a great deal of pride in making a positive first impression.
- "If I had to choose one word to describe Tracey Adler and Orthopedic Physical Therapy, it would be ...Amazing! Between typing, commuting, business travel and day-to-day working mom demands, I had neck and shoulder pain with residual headaches. This went on for months with no relief. Simply put, the problem was muscle tension and trigger points. Traditional medical treatments were not really an option. I was fortunate enough to find Tracey and in less than one month she had me back to almost 100% with a combination of dry needling and physical therapy. She is the best!"Lisa
- "Brooks has been a very professional physical therapist. Between his session and the exercises he gave me to do at home on a daily basis, they have helped my balance and restored my confidence in walking on cement, grass, and soil. Today, I learned how to navigate steps up and down and the position od the cane each instant. This has been a great experience!"Pearl Markham
- "I got more TMJ relief from four treatments at OPT, Inc. than the cumulative treatments elsewhere of all previous years. The single most effective was the Trigger Point Dry Needling. The physical therapy was excellent too in increasing my knowledge and awareness of the problem."Frances Kenney
- "I am a firm believer in the healing power of dry needling! I've used it on my psoas to keep me running and now on my shoulder to avoid surgery. Both times, I've had amazing results! Thank you!!"Susan Miller
- Richmond, VA
- "Best medical care I ever received. People are caring and compassionate in dealing with tough medical issues. Dry needling works very well on pelvic injuries and is the only relief I have had in four years. Six other doctors missed the diagnosis, but one visit to O.P.T. and this was discovered within minutes . Best decision I ever made. Best medical care I ever received and I have had nine major operations. If you are in pain, this is the place to receive the proper care with caring physical therapists and staff. You're not just another patient; you are a person who matters to them."Stephen
- "I have had chronic body pain from Fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis and other medical issues for many years. I have tried regular medical and therapy treatments with no help at all. Then I was referred to Tracey Adler at Orthopedic Physical Therapy. After one treatment, it was amazing - the pain that left my body. With dry needling and physical therapy, after one month I feel like a different person and can function better. The pain has decreased dramatically. I've been given a new lease on life and can't thank Tracey enough."Maureen
- "I would definitely recommend OPT. It is a friendly, relaxing environment. I love Kristen - she is very knowledgeable and caring. She takes the time needed and I feel like I've not only gotten the help I needed, but that I've made a friend. Thank you!"Recent Patient
- "With hopes of pursuing a career as a musician, my ambitions were threatened by the onset of a paralysis which inflicted my left arm and hand. As this tragic problem was accompanied by the diagnosis of focal dystonia and ehlers danlose syndrome, I was informed by doctors I would never fully regain the use of my arm, nor my ability to play my instrument. Despite this prognosis, Dr. Tracey Adler has effectively treated me with such treatments as trigger point therapy and myofascial release from my medical disorders. She has helped me not only recover the full use of my arm, but the continued pursuit of my dreams as a musician. Dr. Adler's collaboration with Kristen Wright with her unique approach to the myofascial release treatments has further helped restore my ability to function and play the instrument normally and has been a major contribution in my recovery. Through their immense skill and professionalism, Dr. Tracey Adler and her associates prove that all physical therapy is not equal and that it is possible to be able to pursue your ambitions and aspirations in life."Rehabilitated Patient
- "I would like to express my gratitude for the wonderful treatments administered by Brooks Steadman, DPT. I now feel much stronger than I did six weeks ago. The relationship was wonderful and I must admit, that I will miss seeing you. Thanks again for your help!"Curtis J.
- "When I first became a patient of Tracey Adler's, I was suffering from debilitating chronic pain from migraines, fibromyalgia, arthritis in my neck, and severe lower back pain after a painful spine surgery. I had been all over the country looking for a treatment that could reduce my pain. I found trigger point dry needling to be by far the most effective treatment of my chronic pain. Within days, I had significantly increased mobility in my neck, my headaches improved when my neck relaxed, and the back spasms that I had so frequently finally dissipated. Two summers later, I was actually backpacking through Italy! I'm so grateful to Tracey and her team for their part in my recovery from chronic pain."Christie
Our Health magazine honors medical providers who were voted by the local community for their kindness, empathy and attentiveness – attributes that go a long way in gaining a patient’s confidence. Tracey Adler, DPT, OCS, CMTPT, was honored to be one of the three recipients in the Physical therapist category in 2013.Details
The Patient Registration Form is required for all new patients on their first visit to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. You may also find specific forms and questionnaires below that apply to your diagnosis or problem. Please print and fill out the appropriate forms prior to your initial office visit. Call Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. at (804) 285-0148 with any questions.Details