At Orthopedic Physical Therapy Inc., we strive to establish an open and professional relationship with our patients. Patient care is based on determining the source of the pain. The evaluating physical therapist uses their knowledge and skills to reach functional goals. In most cases, the evaluation and treatment sessions will be with the same therapist. This fosters a continuum of care and encourages consistency. If an issue arises that needs a specialized evaluation, the appropriate therapist will be consulted. All of the therapists at Orthopedic Physical Therapy specialize in manual therapy. This is an approach which includes advanced skills and emphasizes direct, hands-on treatment. Three of our therapist have received international certification in trigger point dry needling, which can often be a faster, more effective method of treating the true source of your pain. Our goal is to return the patient to the best functional and pain-free level possible.
Contact Us Online Anytime or Call (804)285-0148
Freedom of Choice
You are entitled to choose the most appropriate health care professional to meet your individual therapy goals.
100+ Years of Experience
The practice has been serving Richmond for 30 years and our therapists share over 100 years of professional experience.
Direct Access Certified
Direct Access allows patients to schedule a physical therapy evaluation without a referral from a physician.
Forms & Questionnaires
New patient forms and condition-specific intake questionnaires are available if patients wish to complete them in advance.
On Time Appointments
Our team values your time and we take a great deal of pride in making a positive first impression.
- "I am so glad I came to this practice. The dry needling and physical therapy were very helpful in relieving my shoulder and back pain. I will refer patients to your practice. I am overwhelmed by my progress. Thank you for your expertise! "Patricia Y.
- "I was getting ready to have more surgery as the result of a second opinion. Following a consultation with my original surgeon he suggested trying something different. From my first visit with Kristen, I know I had come to the right place. I now had hope. For nearly two years I had been unable to play golf and had all but given up on being pain free without additional surgery. So I began trigger point dry needling therapy. Absolutely unbelievable! I have more flexibility and movement than I have had in years. I am back to playing golf - PAIN FREE. Life is great. I am more than happy to talk to anyone considering trigger point dry needling therapy. It has given me back the ability to play golf again and enjoy life fully. My family and friends are amazed at the new me. Thank you, Kristen, for everything."Ian
- "I would like to express my gratitude for the wonderful treatments administered by Brooks Steadman, DPT. I now feel much stronger than I did six weeks ago. The relationship was wonderful and I must admit, that I will miss seeing you. Thanks again for your help!"Curtis J.
- "For several years I have suffered from osteoarthritis and have been in constant pain. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Adler. Amazingly, after several treatments of dry needling by Dr. Adler, I am now able to lift my leg up to my head which I haven't been able to do for the last 10 years. I highly recommend Dr. Adler and her group's services."Elaine
- "Brooks has been a very professional physical therapist. Between his session and the exercises he gave me to do at home on a daily basis, they have helped my balance and restored my confidence in walking on cement, grass, and soil. Today, I learned how to navigate steps up and down and the position od the cane each instant. This has been a great experience!"Pearl Markham
- "For over a decade I had low back pain and thought it was something I had to live with. I have tried stretching, deep tissue massages, and different chairs. Tracey and the OPT staff saw the pain was caused by tight muscles in both thighs. After only a few needling session, the pain stopped and I've got greater flexibility and range of motion."Recent Patient
- "I have had chronic body pain from Fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis and other medical issues for many years. I have tried regular medical and therapy treatments with no help at all. Then I was referred to Tracey Adler at Orthopedic Physical Therapy. After one treatment, it was amazing - the pain that left my body. With dry needling and physical therapy, after one month I feel like a different person and can function better. The pain has decreased dramatically. I've been given a new lease on life and can't thank Tracey enough."Maureen
- "Best medical care I ever received. People are caring and compassionate in dealing with tough medical issues. Dry needling works very well on pelvic injuries and is the only relief I have had in four years. Six other doctors missed the diagnosis, but one visit to O.P.T. and this was discovered within minutes . Best decision I ever made. Best medical care I ever received and I have had nine major operations. If you are in pain, this is the place to receive the proper care with caring physical therapists and staff. You're not just another patient; you are a person who matters to them."Stephen
- "After my car accident, I was in pain from my waist down. It was hard to sit, stand or lay down for long periods of time. My ability to walk for a long time was minimal as well. I went to therapy for eleven weeks, twice a week at another location, and was still in pain. I was recommended to you by my neuro physician. My thoughts were...what could it hurt? I had been in pain since July 2011. In December 2011, I went to see Tracey Adler and it was the best decision I made in a long time. The trigger point dry needling is a procedure I recommend to anyone in pain and I will have it again if needed. Thanks Tracey! I feel wonderful!"Brenda
- "With hopes of pursuing a career as a musician, my ambitions were threatened by the onset of a paralysis which inflicted my left arm and hand. As this tragic problem was accompanied by the diagnosis of focal dystonia and ehlers danlose syndrome, I was informed by doctors I would never fully regain the use of my arm, nor my ability to play my instrument. Despite this prognosis, Dr. Tracey Adler has effectively treated me with such treatments as trigger point therapy and myofascial release from my medical disorders. She has helped me not only recover the full use of my arm, but the continued pursuit of my dreams as a musician. Dr. Adler's collaboration with Kristen Wright with her unique approach to the myofascial release treatments has further helped restore my ability to function and play the instrument normally and has been a major contribution in my recovery. Through their immense skill and professionalism, Dr. Tracey Adler and her associates prove that all physical therapy is not equal and that it is possible to be able to pursue your ambitions and aspirations in life."Rehabilitated Patient
Our Health magazine honors medical providers who were voted by the local community for their kindness, empathy and attentiveness – attributes that go a long way in gaining a patient’s confidence. Tracey Adler, DPT, OCS, CMTPT, was honored to be one of the three recipients in the Physical therapist category in 2013.Details
The Patient Registration Form is required for all new patients on their first visit to Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. You may also find specific forms and questionnaires below that apply to your diagnosis or problem. Please print and fill out the appropriate forms prior to your initial office visit. Call Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc. at (804) 285-0148 with any questions.Details